These definitions come largely from Jim Mitchell, a man who has made huge contributions both to The Mankind Project and to my life. Each of these definitions is a touchstone that helps me become more of the man I want to be.
- Requires trust and self-acceptance
- Requires compassion… for myself and others
- Compassion vs. Judgment
- Can you hold both compassion and judgment in the same breath?
- Honesty with myself versus with others
- Tell myself the compassionate truth
- How honest am I with myself?
- What lies do I tell myself?
- Open = vulnerable
- Open = willing to try new ideas
- Open = willing to stretch my comfort zone
- Open = willing to trust
Am I willing to..
- think the thoughts,
- feel the feelings,
- take the actions,
- make the hard choices,
- that will most likely create the life I say I want to have?
Do my thoughts, my words and my actions line up?